Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Fear of Technology

The technology in this book is frightening. It makes me worried of our future and is a perfect example of how George Orwell warns our society of our possible outcome. In 1984 there are telescreens and hidden microphones. This is one of the worst ways that technology can end up. I would hate to have no privacy at all. I can't stand that there are even security cameras in some places or that the government can tap into people's phones. In Orwell's novel, The Party makes the telescreens and the hidden microphones seem like they are protecting the people from the war or Goldstein. I want to be safe living in my society but there are lines that you can cross. This society definetley has crossed these lines by tricking people into fearing how they live. Once you have feared living a certain way for so long, you stop living all together.

No comments: